IRRIS, in collaboration with other units, manages all space information at the University. Through our web application, Space Updates, IRRIS provides a simple and effective process for maintaining accurate information about space the University owns or leases. The resulting data are used for indirect cost analysis, facilities planning, and space assignments. The data are also used for state reporting requirements to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), in other University applications, and as a resource for university leaders and departments.
Space Management Executive Sponsors
- Executive Vice President and Provost
- Campus Planning & Facilities Management
- The Location Information Services Team maintains the campus record drawings, updates the official building, floor, and room inventories, and supports archival of construction projects.
- Office of Accounting & Financial Management
- The Federal Costing Team negotiates Facilities and Administrative (FNA) rates with the federal government to reimburse the University for expenses already incurred in support of research. Space is a critical driver in the calculation the University's FNA rate charged to sponsored awards.
Space Authorizations and Guidelines
The Space Updates application allows space coordinators or department reviewers to maintain function and occupant codes for buildings and rooms they manage. The accuracy of this information is critical for compliance with government and sponsoring agencies and to maximize the use of our facilities.
- If you require access to the Space Updates application, please complete the linked survey. Email IRRIS-Space@austin.utexas.edu if you have any questions.
- If you are a space coordinator or department reviewer, you must also be designated to receive notifications in the OHS Contact System.
- A UT EID is required to log on to both of these systems.